At Flyford Flavell Primary School Primary School and Pippins Pre School we strive to ensure that the children are immersed in a safe and engaging learning environment. We promote curiosity within our setting and provide the children with exciting and memorable learning experiences. Through playful activities we support the children to develop resilience, independence, and curiosity. Within our learning environment we want to make sure the children have fun, are well cared for and enjoy their learning journey.
The Early Years Foundation Stage is broken down into seven areas of learning. These are:
• Personal, Social and Emotional Development
• Communication and Language
• Physical Development
• Understanding the World
• Expressive Arts and Design
We also ensure that our activities and provision support the Characteristics of Effective learning. These are:
• Playing and exploring – children investigate and share experiences and ‘have a go’.
• Active Learning – children concentrate and keep on trying if they encounter difficulties and enjoy achievements.
• Creating and Thinking Critically – children have and develop their own ideas, make links between ideas, and develop strategies for doing things.
The children in Early Years are assessed on an everyday basis through observations, questioning and adult-led activities. This continuously updated knowledge of where the children are in their level of development allows us to help all children make individual progress. Our children leave us with the skills and knowledge they need for their next stage of their learning journey.